Hi everyone! Sorry I haven’t updated everyone on my progress, but I’ve been having some fun. On November 4th, I went for my first post-surgery follow up visit. My orthopedic surgeon was very happy with my progress and removed my splint and cast. He told my foster Mom that I still needed to be careful, but can start bearing weight on my leg. It took me a day or so, but boy is it great to be walking on all “fours” again!!
I’m up, active and curiously exploring my foster home. My foster Mom & Dad are frequently telling me that I’m still “in training” and have to take it easy. But I just can’t help myself!! I’m able to play a bit with my two GSP foster-brothers, love chomping on toys and have been going on short walks with my foster Mom where I really, really want to chase the squirrels, birds and deer I’ve seen. My foster Mom & Dad keep reminding me that I’m not quite ready for “hot pursuit”, but I’m counting down the days!
Still not a fan of the crate… My foster parents keep trying new tricks like hiding treats, stuffing a Kong and giving me a few Nylabones, but I’m not buying it! I’m much happier snoozin’ on the couch with my foster brothers. So, we’ll see how it goes.
I wanted to thank all the very generous people out there who have made donations to my care!!! I’m doing really well and won’t let your support go to waste! But I have to ask, are any of you interested in adding a very cute, curious love bug to your family?!?!?!?!?
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment